Virtual Field Trip, Data Input and Collection
Student Completed Work Example
Here is the link to our field Trip: Videos | San Diego Zoo Wildlife Explorers (sdzwildlifeexplorers.org)
Before the Thanksgivnig break my 1st graders and I enjoyed a virtual field trip for science class. We visited the SanDiego zoo and watched the animals in their enclosures via live feeds. We used individual ipads to collect data then compared and contrasted an aquatic vs land animal. I guided students as we completed the Platypus/Ape organizer while Hippo/Elephant was monitored as I circulated and supported. Students worked cooperatively and were previously taught how to utilize the canva platform to create projects. During this time I monitored student behavior through our class dojo reward system in which I celebrated students who remained on task.


Jasmine,
ReplyDeleteGreat work on your concept map! Some of the positive features of your graphic organizer include engaging colors and fonts, easily understandable, ability to identify different types of animals and their habitats. Some elements I identified on your graphic organizer that I plan to use moving foward are images and the Canva program in general. I have used the Canva program before, but did not know you could create concept maps. Current, peer-reviewed research on cognitive learning theory demonstrates that this style of active learning focuses on teaching humans how to maximize your brain's potential.
Sincerely,
Sari Brown